ehappyprince
Thursday, January 04, 2007
  Continental Hostel
Continental Hostel @ 330 West 95th Street
USD$16 per night in a bunk of 4.


This was where I was staying from 2nd - 5th Jan. I would highly recommend people to stay there. It's not too far from the Subway and from Times Square. Place is clean and is more secure as you actually hold to your bunk key. It's much better than where I stayed previously at Times Square Castle!


D. had a scary experience where she was previously staying. Her hostel was robbed and only after that did she found out that it was actually illegally operated. Thank goodness she did not lose anything!


Anyway, I had a good experience there. Was in the same bunk with Jason. One thing really fun about staying in hostels is that you actually get to interact with different people! Learnt a lot about Americans from Jason. He taught us how to sing a Peanut Butter Song! On my last night, we went out for a nice Chinese dinner at Chinatown. After that, we walked to East Village looking for a pub and ended up at one which had 2 levels. The first floor was a dance floor while in the basement, there was this band which was playing their own composition - kinda remind me of the 8th Mile (if you remember that movie).


 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Here you go! After much nagging from my friends, decided to revive my blog again! "It only takes 10 mins a week to let all your friends know what you're doin'..." Heh

Name:
Location: St Louis, Missouri, United States

I'm a social worker! "I help others so that one day they will go round helping others!"

Archives
June 2003 / June 2005 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]