ehappyprince
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
  Guggenheim Museum
I remembered about 2 years ago, I hosted a Caucasian Priest, Fr. Jerry. He asked me to bring him to art museum in Singapore. I brought him to the Singapore Art Museum (old SJI). That was my first exposure to appreciating paintings. I remembered he taught me how far to stand to view paintings and what to look out for in paintings - the strokes, the history etc.

Well, acting like a great appreciator of paintings, I visited the world renowned Guggenheim Museum. Thanks to my earlier exposure to appreciating paintings, I really had a good time there!

What a pity the exterior was being renovated and it won't be ready until end 2007. Go visit www.guggenheim.org to see how the exterior looks like. Anyway the interior looks equally impressive.


They had an exhibition on Spanish arts. Viewing the paintings helped me to understand more about Spain's history and culture.....
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Here you go! After much nagging from my friends, decided to revive my blog again! "It only takes 10 mins a week to let all your friends know what you're doin'..." Heh

Name:
Location: St Louis, Missouri, United States

I'm a social worker! "I help others so that one day they will go round helping others!"

Archives
June 2003 / June 2005 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]