ehappyprince
Saturday, January 13, 2007
  Let's go shopping!
Went with the Office of International Students and Scholars on a 4 hour shopping trip! We were brought to major shopping areas here in St. Louis.

First stop: Chinese grocery store at Olive Blvd
Second stop: Target Departmental Store - gives me the feel of John Little
Third stop: Walmart - gives me the feel of NTUC

While at the Chinese grocery store, it was really funny as my Nepalese and China classmate were with me. You know in Nepal (I visited Nepal twice before!), they call those chinese dumplings which we call "Jiao Zi" as "MoMo". At the store, they were selling those frozen dumplings and my Nepalese classmate was so excited about seeing "MoMo" which my China classmate was like "err... what is MoMo?" It was really hillarious trying to explain to the both of them that it's the same thing.

Finally bought a mattress after a week! I used the gift card which Meiling gave me! Thanks so much Meiling!!!

I bought an air mattress those which you use a pump to inflate it. Got a queen size and it only cost USD$24! I was really happy with the buy as the advertisments I see on campus are selling 2nd hand spring mattresses for like $50 - $80. I was hesitant to buy a 2nd hand mattress and I'm sure a new mattress would cost much more! Finally I don't have to wake up with a backache...


I also bought electric heaters which were on promotion. Thought I'll save on using the gas heater which heats up my whole apartment by using the electric heaters. FYI - Gas is much more expensive than electricity here in the US.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Here you go! After much nagging from my friends, decided to revive my blog again! "It only takes 10 mins a week to let all your friends know what you're doin'..." Heh

Name:
Location: St Louis, Missouri, United States

I'm a social worker! "I help others so that one day they will go round helping others!"

Archives
June 2003 / June 2005 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]