ehappyprince
Friday, August 24, 2007
  609
609 is a pub along Delmar Loop, just outside my house. It's been the venue of many student events in Brown School. I was taking a nap when I was woken up by S' MSN mssg to me.

It read "Let's go 609 to grab some fresh chicks"...

I was like huh?


Anyway, 609 was hosting the new students to Brown School. Yaps, since I had nothing up that night, I went with him. Not for the fresh chicks but more for a couple of nice cold beers...

This afternoon, after reporting to Parkway for some counsellors and social workers meeting, I went to St. Louis Metropolitan Art Museum for the Napoleon Symbols of Power exhibition. I lined up for a free ticket last week otherwise I had to pay 10 bucks for admission.


Anyway, it was a big disappointment. It's nothing really special. There were only 3 pieces of art work, and lots of furniture - which looked ordinary to me. Nothing compared to the musuems in New York and Chicago. Thank goodness I got a free tix. I won't pay 10 bucks on this. It took me 20 mins to cover everything.

After the musuem visit, I was contemplating to either go to school or back home and snooze. Decided for the former and it was a BAD CHOICE!

Unexpectantly, a staff came into the computer lab to inform us that an immediate weather alert was just sent for us to be cautious of a tornado. She also reminded us of the evacuation procedure to the basement of the building in the event of a tornado, and informed us to check our email for more updates.

This is what it read:

Dear Community,

If you have had a chance to look outside, you know we are experiencing severe weather, with more storms heading this way. In the event that tornado sirens should sound, please remember to go to the lower, most interior area of the building you are in. Goldfarb and Brown Halls both have basement levels.

Rick Tyler and Linda Specker are walking through the buildings now to make sure that you know where to go in the event that a tornado siren sounds. No need to be alarmed, we just want to make sure you know where to go in the event of more serious weather.

If you have a radio or access to the web, we encourage you pay attention to the weather. Please use your best judgment as to whether you should leave or not.

Many thanks,

Ellen Rostand
Director of Communications
George Warren Brown School of Social Work
Washington University in St. Louis
Campus Box 1196
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO 63130
Phone: 314.935.8215
Fax: 314.935.8511
Cell: 314.283-8368

Yes, you can guess. I was stuck in school for nearly 2/3 hours just for the weather to clear. The weather here is really unpredictable. One moment it's hot and humid and the next moment, a big big thunderstorm.

Once the weather cleared a little, I took the opportunity to quickly make my way home.

Look at this poor tree just outside my home. It's botak. With burnt branches scattered on the ground. It must have incurred the wrath of the lighting.

It's still raining now and they're expecting more storms through the night. I think I'll have a good night's rest. I like to sleep during cold, rainy weather.

It's a welcome break from the hot weather I've been experiencing.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Here you go! After much nagging from my friends, decided to revive my blog again! "It only takes 10 mins a week to let all your friends know what you're doin'..." Heh

Name:
Location: St Louis, Missouri, United States

I'm a social worker! "I help others so that one day they will go round helping others!"

Archives
June 2003 / June 2005 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]